I am a wanderer and love to document stories of our time and narrate them visually. This is why people and streets are my favorite subjects. I strive to narrate the tales of the people with latent faces, who exist around us and always work to make a difference in our world but most of them often go unnoticed – be a labour or farmer, prostitute or pilgrim, cobbler or a butcher. Reality is more important to me rather than making my pictures beautiful and glamorous.
It was during my college days when a street vendor printing images on ordinary paper using a blue solution ignited my curiosity. After few months, I found myself standing beside the developing tray in the darkroom at a friend's place whose father was a photographer. The changes in white sheets and gradually developing latent images was a mysterious and fascinating phenomenon, as the evolution of life, that charmed me forever. That was my first encounter with the magic of photography.
- Mute Dialogues, group show with four eminent artists at Habiart Gallery, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, January 2006.
- Confluence, a photo exhibition with noted artist Sanjai Kumar, at Habiart Gallery, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, April 2005.
- Kumbh at Nirala Art Gallery, Allahabad, ABC Art Gallery, Varanasi 2001-02 and at Bagore ki Haveli (Gallery of WZCC), Udaipur, 2003.
- Glimpses at Nirala Art Gallery, Allahabad and Lalit Kala Academy, Lucknow, 1999.
- Tharus in Transition at Bareilly and Kanpur 1997-98.
- Moore and My Vision at Bareilly, 1996.
- Photographs of Kumbh and Tharu in permanent collection of museum of G.B.Pant Institute of Social Science, Allahabad & in Manav Vikas Sangrahalaya, Bhopal.
- Images of Kumbh used by U.P. Tourism & edge of humanity magazine.
- Documentation of encephalitis victims for Amar Ujala & Fountain Ink magazine.
- Photographs for various magazines, books and book covers.
- Colours of India, Smart Photography (March 2006).